Friday, December 5, 2014

November

November is always a fun time around our house.  We started early getting the house ready for Christmas. With such nice weather we couldn't not put up our Christmas lights.
 Don't let Monty try and say I didn't help. I have photo proof.
 Mia in her bed she made for her and Violet (the dog)
 Nothing better than a game of Candy Land in front of the fire on a cold morning.  Mia's getting pretty good at playing it too. Most the time she'll follow the rules.
 I think it was in September Mia started a tumbling class.  In November they had a parent day to show off all the things they've learned. I'm there every week but on parent day I got to go out onto the floor and I took some pictures.  The balance beam is one of Mia's favorites.
 She's really good at her forward rolls and likes doing them on the wedge because she goes super fast.
 Backward rolls are a bit harder. She has done them by herself a couple times but usually needs a little help.
 My brother and his family came out to Idaho from Colorado so Mia and I made a quick trip up to Grandma and Grandpa's house to see them.
 Mia and Khloe were really good friends and played well together.
 Mia loves swimming in Grandma's hot tub. Poor Daxton had to stay out with his daddy.
 My sister in-law brought this really cute snowman craft for the girls to make.  They are socks with rice or something in them that you then decorate to make a snowman.  Mia has 2 of them that she is constantly playing with now.
 There was steady competition for Grandma's attention.
 November is also my birthday.  I had my usual birthday pie (YUMMY)!
 Mia got me the movie Now You See Me.  If you've never seen it I would highly suggest it...it's a good one.
 Monty got me an awesome popcorn popper with the seeds and movie theater flavoring to go with it.  It makes the BEST popcorn. I love it! Makes the microwave stuff taste awful.
 Mia made her own little fort.  Notice her favorite Daniel Tiger in the background. LOL
 The night before Thanksgiving Monty's family does pie night.  That way you can enjoy your pie because you aren't stuffed with Thanksgiving dinner. We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving but I was on stand by for work.  I was scheduled but they didn't need me, but I had to be available until 9 to know for sure that I was off for the night.  So we packed everything up and headed down to Monty's parents for pie night while we waited.
 We had soup for dinner and then there were lots of pies to chose from for dessert.
 Mia went for the berry and the chocolate...smart girl, I did the same.
 Doesn't Sophie look super impressed by Monty's beard?
 I forgot to take pictures of Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house.  We did the whole traditional Thanksgiving dinner with my parents and my brother Shawn (Steve and his family were back in Colorado), and then planned out our Black Friday shopping.  Yes we are those crazy people up at all hours trying to score the deals.  We got everything we wanted again this year in large part to my online shopping I was doing for everyone late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning.  It was definitely an easier way to do it.  Friday afternoon we took Mia to the "Big Park." She loves the park that is near my parents house.  We had to convince her that it was closed on Thursday to keep her from begging to go.
 She's getting pretty good on the monkey bars. She keeps telling us she needs to practice.  It's pretty funny.
 I don't know how she didn't fall out of that swing.  Monty had her swinging about as high as it would go.
 Even Monty did a little climbing...
Can't wait for Christmas.  December is even more fun than November!

No comments:

Post a Comment