Saturday, October 4, 2014

September

September was a great month.  Sadly once again I didn't take a whole bunch of pictures. My goal is to do better in October. The end of August and beginning of September were rather chilly so we spent a lot of time indoors. We built another massive fort one day.  We watched a movie and had a picnic lunch in our fort.
 Summer made a return after the 1st week and we were able to play outside in the water again.
 Now that it's the end of the year she actually gets the concept of the slip and slide and can slide almost to the end.
 It's hard to believe that my baby turned 4!  This year she wanted Hello Kitty cupcakes for her birthday.  Being the gourmet chef that I am when she found exactly what she wanted at Smiths I was more than happy to oblige.
 This year she waited until we were done singing Happy Birthday to blow out the candles!
 Of course she got spoiled again this year.  She got lots of adorable clothes from Nana and Grandpa and from her aunts.  Gina has embedded an obsession with Minnie Mouse.  Mia can't wait to go see the real Minnie Mouse next year.
 Mia also has an obsession with tractors.  Nana found the perfect shirt for a girl in love with tractors.
 More cute clothes.

 Mom and dad gave Mia a tea set...
 And a soccer goal.  We've had fun kicking the ball around outside.
 Mia definitely enjoyed her cupcakes.
 Watching her eat wasn't quite as enjoyable.
 We had a lot of fun playing outside after dinner (rice and gravy...Mia's choice) and cupcakes with ice cream.  Every time Mia made a goal Nana and Monty would swing her in the air.
 Grandma Barb came down from Idaho the weekend after Mia's birthday and took her to lunch and shopping for her birthday.  Grandma doesn't want to admit to anyone what she bought Mia for her birthday.  She got her a Nerf gun.  An "Awesome one that shoots 2 at a time."  What can I say the girl loves the toy and isn't it most important that Grandma got her what she wanted and she's happy?  Mia's a good mix of girly girl and tom boy.
While my mom was here we also made raspberry freezer jam with all the raspberries that managed to make it past Mia this summer.
 Refried beans anyone?
 I thought this was really cute.  The neighbor kids all lined up sitting in our driveway.
 The girls trying to take a nap.  Let me tell you it's not easy trying to take a nap with a wiggle worm.
 Mia was a robot...or so she says. I think she tends to get most creative when she has the laundry basket.
 When we finished the basement most of Mia's toys went downstairs. She still has a few in her room but I think her favorite thing to play with are her books.  She loves building houses, walls, and towers out of her books.  One night I went in to turn off her lamp before I went to bed and this is what I found.  I thought it was really cute.
 Gotta love this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment