Monday, July 5, 2010

June

June brought warmer weather and with that came our first camping trip of what will hopefully be many this summer. Other than the fact we froze our tails off it was a good trip. We just went up Ogden Canyon and found a nice little campground and a quite spot by the river. The weather was nice and sunny. It was a very cold and damp night though. We had camp broken down and were headed home by 7:30am. We spent the afternoon relaxing and just hanging out. Monty decided to soak his feet in the river but the water was too cold for me.
I found a make-shift fishing pole in the bushes so I tried my hand at fishing. I didn't have any bait so I tried leaves and that didn't work. I tried putting dinner roll on the hook but it just floated away. I also tried Frito's but by the time it was soggy enough to put on the hook, it didn't last long before floating away either. If I'd caught a fish I don't quite know what I would have done with it. I used to go fishing with my dad as a kid but I have never gutted a fish in my life.
I have to say I am very proud of this fire. It was a one match fire and really kind of a work of art. We cooked dinner in dutch oven over the coals from the fire. We had chicken, bacon, and potatoes for dinner with peach cobbler for dessert. It was delicious.
Most of June was pretty low key for us. I'm excited our garden is growing nicely. It's been fun doing our own garden for the first time.
We have a couple little peppers on our pepper plant. We got starts from Monty's mom so we don't know what kind they are yet. We're guessing either cayenne or banana peppers, I'm hoping for banana.
The radishes are already ready to eat. This is a picture of the first harvest from our garden. Monty isn't really a fan of radishes but I have enjoyed them.
Who knows what July will bring. Hopefully we will be able to go camping again and spend some time with family. Until next month : )

No comments:

Post a Comment